Friday, June 21, 2013

6/21/2013 - O-Boy


June 21, 2013  O-Boy

 

It is a little discussed medical fact.  Males are born with a gland called the 'obnoxia' gland.  It secretes various levels of obnoxium...  Crew's functions at a very high level...

 'Oblivious' is another O word.  It essentially means that one is clueless as to one's surroundings.

So, when an obnoxious male is also oblivious, you get Double-O Crew!

Late yesterday, Crew decided to go to a movie.   Spouse told him the theater was on the main street right past the Dairy Queen.  First of all, Crew knows Spouse is not always perfect with his directions.  Second, he is in an unfamiliar town, so one would think he would actually open his eyes.  We get a call about 30 minutes later from Crew asking where the theater is.  Spouse tells him to go to Dairy Queen and look around, as it is right across the street...

 Later that evening, Spouse and I decide to walk to Dairy Queen, thinking we might meet up with Crew on the way, which we did.  As it turns out... the theater is just THIS side of Dairy Queen, which should have been obvious since the theater Marquis is about the size of Texas and practically knocks you on the head when you walk by!  Oblivious?  You betcha!

 On our walk home, we could smell Crew so we asked if he was using deodorant.  He said no.  We said to get some right away, and he felt if he couldn't smell himself, it wouldn't be a problem.  Oh no, he was not coming back into Hannah without deodorant...  Obnoxious?  You betcha!

Double O-Crew...  5+ weeks more?  Kill me now!

 This morning, golf at Sky Mountain was on the agenda for Spouse and me.  Crew would have to somehow entertain himself.  It was a beautiful morning, and it never got too hot all day long.  A light breeze kept it very comfortable.  Sky Mountain golf course is one of the most beautiful courses we have played.  Red rock canyons, mesas and buttes surround the course.  The course is not too difficult as long as you hit the ball straight.  I hadn't played golf in 3 weeks and I was pretty rusty but I kept myself out of trouble for the most part and shot a 98 (one stroke better than the last time I played!).  Spouse shot a 120.  Roadrunners cruise the course keeping us safe from snakes.  They really are very cute. 

Came back, showered and enjoyed the 19th hole outside Hannah in the shade.  took a nap and when I awoke, the world as I knew it changed.  I packed some of my homemade veggie chili that I had frozen... or so I thought.  I was really looking forward to it.  I got the package out and looked at the contents... It wasn't my chili, but some freeze packed salmon!  WTF?  Spouse had taken the zip lock bag from my chili out of the trash at some point back home, to pack the salmon!  He is so friggin cheap that he dug a bag out of the trash! (I take the time and label bags for the freezer, and Spouse doesn't give a darn about things like that)   I had counted on having some of my chili along the road and I had been stabbed in the back by my own spouse!  I was beyond livid.  I went out to dinner ALONE, and bought the stuff to make a mini batch of chili.  And I won't share and I will make his life miserable forever more...

Happy  summer!
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment