Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23, 2013 Has anybody seen my keys?

I put them in my waist pack.  I thoroughly check each pocket.  But maybe I transferred them to my purse.  I check each zipper.  Are they in my shorts?  No... hmmm, maybe they fell on the floor of the truck... no...  let me check my waist pack again.  No, my purse?  No... check every drawer and all over every floor... no.  Spouse, do you have my keys?  no....  Let me check his pockets... no.    Check the waist pack again, they have to be there.  No... my purse one more time... no.  Maybe they fell in my shoes?  no... check the waist pack one more time... Yes!  How can that be?  Oh well...

 After my morning walk, we readied Hannah for departure.  Off to Bryce we go.  Up I15 to 14 east.  We are shifting from high desert to mountain terrain.  As we climb 14 we are in full pine country, passing Brian Head ski area.  We stopped at a scenic overlook and it was only 58 degrees!  We ultimately worked our way over to 89.  Here, a creek meanders through the scenic meadows with the red rock mountains as a back drop.  And Crew enjoys the countryside...

 


Our destination is Ruby's campground right outside of Bryce.  We made reservations and got one of the last spaces available, which is not in the most desireable spot.  It kind of sucks in that it is in a dusty area.  The weather is beautiful, a little on the cool side, so it feels good to leave the windows open.  But if anybody drives by, I expect the dust to invade Hannah.  And since a rodeo is coming to town, I suspect there will be lots of dusty traffic gong by.  We will only be here 2 nights, so I am sure we can tough it out with minimal crankiness.

 We took Crew to all the scenic turnouts in Bryce.  The visibility is at least a million miles and the red rock formations are beyond stunning.  We had a raven at one spot that let us get right up to him.  I am sure he (or she) is quite used to us tourists.   But since Crew was a little sore from yesterday's hike, we cut him some slack and didn't make him walk much today.   Tomorrow... well that is another thing!
 




 
Notice they never change their shorts?  After our hike tomorrow, I think I will do some laundry and get the stink off those shorts if I have to rip them off myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment