Thursday, April 29, 2021

April 29, 2021 Our first diversion

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sometimes, when I am in the little house that moves, I like to bathe myself. I don’t like when my humans interrupt me.

 

Had coffee in the house with Jake and Lynn then took a hike in the nature preserve near their house. The desert can be a beautiful place. The chollas are finishing their bloom and the saguaros are just starting. They have an amazing flower that attracts gazillions of bees. Countless trails weave through the area, and we meandered through enjoying it all.

 

 

  Back home, Lynn made a nice breakfast, then we bid our farewells. We are headed to Big Bend National Park in Texas. So, onto I10 east towards Tucson. Spouse has been watching things on YouTube, so he wanted to stop at Catalina State Park near Tucson. WE were just going to drive through but they had a site available so we took it. It has electricity and water, and there is a dump station nearby. PERFECT! The sites are quite large. We are in campground B. in campground A, the trees are a little more mature, but we are totally happy. The weather is beautiful. Blue skies with white puffy clouds, and about 80 degrees. WE unloaded the bikes and started exploring. It is a small park and I am not sure which trail we ended up on, but I can tell you this… even with an electric bike, this trail was way above my paygrade! I was able to navigate a few stairs before I cried UNCLE! We parked the bikes and hiked for a while. There had been a fire recently so lots has burned. The trail is lined with mesquite trees and cottonwoods, chollas and yuccas. Saguaros stand like sentries on the hills. It really has a unique beauty. Upon return, a shower and a cocktail… Now, I feel our vacation has begun!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Leslie, Anne wants me to wish you safe travels. We love your blog. You're a very good writer. Tell Doug I said, "Hi." Anne broke her foot so we're not taking any trips for at least 3 more weeks. We will have to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete