Friday, April 30, 2021

April 30, 2021 Under the Covers


 

My humans took me outside.  I got to roll.  Then I heard dogs and jumped into the little house that moves.  My humans carried me back to the big house that moves.

It gets light early here in Arizona.  It was a cool evening.  Spouse is antsy to get the bikes loaded so before I can even enjoy my coffee, I help him.  I get ready for my walk and Spouse wants to go too.  Hmmm, he is usually slower… but let’s give it a go.  We cut across the campgrounds and pick up the bridle trail.  It is early and the trees form a cool canopy as we move along the trail.  After a while, Spouse turns around, but I keep going on a nature trail loop.

 

When people drive along I10 through the Sonoran desert, they see NOTHING!  It pegs the bore-o-meter.  But when you are on the floor actually with the flora and fauna looking under the covers, the desert is an amazing place.  Here is what you DON’T see from the highway:

You don’t see the detailed architecture of the cholla cactus, nor do you see their vibrant flowers.

You don’t see the critter condos bored into the ancient saguaros, with their little faces popping out.

You don’t see the lizards and quail and hawks and roadrunners.

You don’t hear the quails frolicking.

Up close and personal, the desert rocks!

 

I made my way back to Hannah, and we readied her for departure.  We begin the long haul to Big Bend National Park in Texas.  But first…  the fight about getting fuel.  Spouse cannot purchase fuel without checking the Gas Buddy app, or in this case, having his gas buddy bitch do it.  But we also need to stop at Camping World.  So I put in Camping World into the GPS.  This means we could be passing cheap fuel at a Walmart.  I think he dreams of cheap fuel and Walmarts.  It turns out there was cheap fuel at the same exit as Camping World and it wasn’t a Walmarts.  I think his faith has been shaken!  Later on the drive, he said he would get gas anywhere that was reasonable and easy.   I will believe that when we see it!

 

East on I10 we head through the winds and deserts.  We cross into New Mexico and the cactus disappears and it is more of a plains landscape.  We ended up in Deming for the night.  In a beautiful RV park…  NOT!  But it will serve our purpose.  With this COVID thing, so many people are RVing we may have trouble getting sites.  We will see…

People ask why I blog.  I do it to keep track of my thoughts.  Through the years, I have gone back to try and remember something and find out I remember if differently now than I did then.  Why not share my thoughts…  scary, I know.  The software is not very cooperative.  I am hoping once I get the cobwebs off me it will become easier to use!



4 comments:

  1. I love your blogs!
    Living vicariously through your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, boo to you passing right through NM without stopping to see the best thing here... us. ;)

    ReplyDelete