Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010

Hannah is loaded and ready to go. I think… Our plan is not much of a plan. Let’s head to Las Vegas and see what happens from there. There is a KOA Kampground at Circus Circus, so we will go there.

But wait, let’s do a quickie clean of the house before we leave. What is this? Water under the kitchen sink? OY! Spouse to the rescue, rightfully bitching all the way! I guess it was a good thing to find it before we left. Dr. Spouse makes the fix, and off we go.

Why is it that whenever I close my eyes, Spouse starts to talk? He could be as quiet as a churchmouse until I close my eyes. Maybe I can sleep when it is my turn to drive!

First stop is Barstow for a quick bit at Baja Fresh. Hmm, it isn’t Baja Fresh anymore. It looks the same, and acts the same though. Who cares that it has a different name. Think I will take some of these limes with me for my vodka tonics!

Leaving Barstow is the first time I towed Hannah. She is easy behind the truck since she is hooked inside the bed as opposed to on the back trailer hitch. But she is boxy, which makes it difficult to see behind the truck. I am going to have to behave since I can’t do my routine highway patrol search.

We get to the RV park. It is big, and not the most slightly, but we are only doing one night (it would have been far less expensive to spend the night at Bally’s, and we would have had cable TV too!). But we can go gamble and walk around.

After setting up, it was already almost 7pm, we were hungry and on the prowl. Nothing looked good at Circus Circus. The last time I ate there, I was about 18 and the food was awful, so we went outside in search of nourishment. And we walked. And walked. And walked. Poor Spouse has plantar’s fasciitis, and his foot was starting to hurt. We went inside a Korean BBQ restaurant. Spouse almost passed out when he saw a bowl of soup for $41. So out we went. There was a Thai place (MY FAVORITE) right next door. For $10, we split a Pad Thai and we were happy!

We headed back, donating a few bucks to the gaming establishments and were happily welcomed by Bart.

No comments:

Post a Comment