Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010


May 30, 2010

Days like this ought to be bottled so that you can pour some of it on you every day!

Although I didn’t sleep the best (a combination of my restlessness and Spouse’s snoring), I woke with the excitement of playing golf at Sky Mountain. I didn’t have much time for a power walk, but I did about 15 minutes, with my IPOD playing. We ate a quick breakfast and gave Bart a biscuit as we locked him inside while we went outside to play.

Sky Mountain is located in a phenomenal setting, with mountains, valleys and buttes lending themselves for optimal visual and spiritual enlightenment. The course has lush grass – which we came to hate, vistas that can stop your heart and wildlife galore. We saw coyotes, jack rabbits, bunnies, and the resident woodpecker that hangs out on the 18th tee box. It is his picture at the top.

I walked the course, and Spouse rode. It is a hilly course with lots of challenges, but I am proud to say that I SHOT A 99!!!!! That means I BROKE 100 on a course other than Los Robles! Spouse shot 125. He really did not like the taller grass. It looked so benign but was wicked beyond belief. And when you were close to the green – like one of the greens perched on a plateau where you have zero margin of error, it was scary to swing like a madman to get out of the grass! Although I will post a few pictures, they do not capture the magnificence and depth of the beauty.
We decided to stay another day here before heading to Bryce. It is just so nice here, we didn’t feel the urge to leave quite yet.

We are starting to get used to Hannah. Although Spouse sounds like an elephant as he walks in and out, he says I sound like one too. We can probably do a better job of doing something to stabilize things, but that is Spouse’s job. I am just fluff! But I do know where my liquor cabinet is, where my vodka lives comfortably next to a bottle of wine, that I might need. We also have figured out where to put this, that and the other.

Spouse is grilling salmon, with brown rice and some cole slaw. MMMM… And the Dodgers won… life is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment