Saturday, September 3, 2022

September 1, 2022 Why, oh why did he say it?

September 1, 2022 The Fates Exact Revenge

I am popular.  Humans flock to me and I let them touch me.  Canines bark at me, and I don’t let THEM touch me.  It is exhausting being so attractive.



When we first started talking about retiring Hannah, Spouse talked about all the work he has done on her.  Then he said this…  help us now… ‘I’ve pretty much gone through her, so there is not much that could go wrong now’.

Are you kidding?  How could he do that!  He threw down the gauntlet and the fates heard it, I am sure.  I did not respond.  Maybe if I don’t acknowledge this dare, it didn’t happen, right?  Like if I cover my eyes with my hands, then you can’t see me, right?  What was he thinking?

Several days pass…  then this morning…  Spouse opens the refrigerator and the door falls off in his hand and onto his foot, spilling all the contents across the floor.  Of all the things that could go wrong, this was not even on my radar.  Fortunately, no damage to his foot, and although there was a little spillage, nothing broke.  As Spouse stood there dumbfounded, I did what I could do to help… I took a picture and texted to my RV homies!  Hmm, make sure I have no typos on my text – tick tock tick tock…  oops… fat finger, let me retype that… Finally, I helped him pick up the carnage.



Now that he was awake, what are we going to do now?  Youtube videos gave Spouse some ideas.  While we were picking up the mess, we found a screw here, a nut there.  Then Mr. Fix-up put on his cape with the big FU (fix up) and left for Walmart for some epoxy.

While he is gone, I get some walking in.  Totally uneventful.  When I got back he had epoxied the damaged hinge, and now we had to let it cure.  We put some of the fridge contents in the mini fridge my spouse keeps in the truck.  I cooked breakfast and it was so nice just reaching inside the fridge without dealing with the door.  After the epoxy was cured to Spouse’s satisfaction, he applied Gorilla tape to make it extra secure.  The moment of truth came when we actually got the door in place and was able to screw it in.  Will it last?  Who knows, but it did make some decisions for us.  We had talked about staying in Reno a few days to visit people.  But given that our days feel numbered, we skipped that and headed straight to Grass Valley to visit Rick and Sue.



Taking hwy. 50 to I80 west… OMG so boring, it actually hurts the eyes.  Then we pass into California and start over the beautiful Donner Pass.  Mountains, pines, the Truckee River and Donner Lake guide us along to hwy. 20, which is basically a two lane road through a thick pine forest.  Alas we arrive at the Bain house.

Rick and Sue have a large property, and we have stayed by the barn before.  This time we thought we would come in from a different angle…  I must apologize to our truck and to Hannah… this won’t happen again…



Time for a cocktail!


No comments:

Post a Comment