Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 20: Hannah is saved!


July 20:  Hannah is saved!

 I must supervise.  They may think I am sleeping when they are driving, but I am really supervising.  Every time they slow down, I stretch.  Mom call's it 'Halloween kitty'.   Then I sit ever so demurely scanning the territory.  If I see birds, I will them to turn in that direction.  But they still won't let me-owt.

 Crew got a lesson on the tides of the Puget Sound.  When we parked last night, there was a full bay outside Hannah.  When we woke this morning, the bay was gone and only bare ground was there!

This morning, Spouse contacted the Camping World that was nearby, and sure enough, they had the part and could fix Hannah.  So off we went.  I was a little uncomfortable leaving Rudy inside, but we had no choice.  We left to enjoy the town of La Conner.

 We are about 60 miles or so north of Seattle, then west some, near Anacortes.  La Conner is along the waters of one of the many inlets in the Puget Sound.  We have launched our boat here before and loved it.  It is an artsy town with lots of character.  I have a favorite shop here.  It is a wood craft shop.  Each piece of furniture is a one of a kind piece using combinations of various woods.  It is not just furniture, it is artwork.  Next thing I know is Spouse is buying a small table!  My Spouse!  Go figure!  I saw an artistic frog I wanted but it was $1000 too much.  Oh well!  I can't believe I was the one that cheaped out!

Hannah was ready about noon thirty so we went back to get her.  Spouse got a few supplies and we didn't leave until 2:30.  Here is the problem with that... It is Saturday, and every RV park within 100 miles of Seattle will be totally booked!

We have friends in Gig Harbor.  And my friend Mary lives about 30 miles north of there so we decided to hang around.  We actually found a flat lot that is set back and is for sale so we are squatting for the night!  I sure hope nobody calls the police on us!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment