Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 22, 2013 Spouse breaks 100!


July 22, 2013  Spouse breaks 100!

 Wow!  That is an interesting dog.  It has a mask and its paws are almost human.  Look at the rings on its tail.  Wonder what kind of dog that is?

Last night, we had a raccoon visit us.  It checked out Hannah and the bag of Rudy droppings we put outside, then went into the back of the truck before it headed out.  Cute.

Today, Spouse and I would be playing golf with his friend Bill Miller.  Bill has been wanting to check out the Village Greens golf course and we are only about 2 miles away.  So we readied Hannah, and put her in the parking lot and hit the links.

Or maybe it was hitting the cow fields.  This is a short executive course with tiny greens that have not been mowed for weeks.  Fairways are narrow with lots of trees.  And the balls took some interesting bounces along the way.  I learned that I cannot hit a decent tee shot if I am not using my driver.  When I get home, that will be my practice.  Spouse shot a 91!  This is the first time he broke 100.  I shot 81, the first time I broke 90.  But...  I should have had a 75, and Spouse should have had 85 or so.  Par is 62.

 Crew whined about what he would do while we were playing.  We told him to get walking!

After our visit with Bill, we hit the road, heading south on Highway 3 past Belfair to Shelton, where we caught the 101 south.  We then cut across the Olympic Peninsula on highway 8, which changed to 12.  At Aberdeen, we hit the 101 again...  then it got crazy.  It seems that somebody in Aberdeen is a sadist.  They put signs saying 101 south, then you hit a fork and it doesn't tell you which way to go.  Then you see a sign that say 'to 101' so you go there and never see another sign.  It was late, I was cranky at the insanity of the signage, and all Spouse could think of was stopping at Safeway to get food for dinner and I had to remind him - over and over - that we had food in Hannah.  Then he got Cranky, then Crew got cranky!  We stumbled on an RV place (Artic RV) and decided to stop so we could de-crankify!  It is a woodsy place with full hook-ups but no WIFI.  And they have one washing machine.  I am so excited!  I don't know about Crew, but it seems Spouse and I have de-crankified!

Since they had a ping pong table in the laundry room, Auntie beat Crew 6 games to 3!  Crew was still a bit cranky...

No comments:

Post a Comment