Monday, September 9, 2024

Sept 5, 2024 Morro Bay and the Heat Wave

 

Thursday, September 5  Morro Bay and the Heat Wave

Me-owt!  My humans must take me outside so I can sniff.  I like it here.  Lots to look at, but someone has a dog.  Why?

California is experiencing the most intense heat wave of the year.  Back home, temperatures are triple digits.  My friend Vicky spritzed my orchids so they wouldn’t wilt into oblivion.  I love having good homies!

Here, the morning was quite cool.  Spouse started on my walk with me, but I dumped him at the Madonna Inn where I picked up the bike trail.  While the freeway is on one side, the beautiful rolling hills are on the other.  The trail leads to a trailhead of the Cerro San Luis volcano.  There are quite a few hiking trails, some of them look quite steep, but since the walk here is already over a mile one way, I can only do so much of the trail.  But tomorrow, maybe we can try it on our bikes.

When I get back, we decided to visit our friend Carol in Morro Bay.  Only Spouse did not tell me he hadn’t coordinated with her.  So, we get there and she isn’t home.  Shocking, right?  Oh well, we went over and walked to Morro Rock.  It is quite cool, I actually needed sleeves.  But it was sunny and beautiful.  An otter showed me how it eats it food, with its adorable paws and loud jaws!  Lots of bird life, harbor seals, baitfish, and of course… humans.

On our way back, Spouse wanted to stop at a Target.  Why is this significant, you know, like big deal?  Well, we had to rely on the GPS.  Little did we know…  we were less than a half of mile from the store, on the same street, but that bitch on the GPS had us turn left, go to the freeway for 1 ½ miles, and exit on the same street that we were originally on to get there.  Really?  ARGH!

Back at the Elks, our friends Brian and Kathy arrived with their new rig.  We had to check it out.  They are downsizing so this was a shakedown trip.  Spouse is talking downsizing as it is getting too much to tow Artee and keep her up.  But not quite yet.

I am having all sorts of trouble downloading pix.  Hopefully, I will figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment