Monday, September 9, 2024

Sept 7 Leisure Day (aka don't want to travel on a Saturday)

 

Saturday, September 7  Leisure Day

My paternal human walked me today, then left me on my leash outside so I can observe.  I wandered and got stuck.  My maternal human had to untangle me.  MEOW!



My morning walk took me back to Cerro San Luis.  I hiked a lower trail for a while.  I did see a few bikes on it, but it is narrow, with a few places that would require rock crawling.  The mornings are cool, which make it nice for walking.

When I got back, Spouse and I walked over to the cemetery next to the Elks.  It is a very old cemetery.  Many people born in the early 1800s are buried here.  Think of that… before California was a state, before the Civil War.  Some of these graves are over 100 years old.  The cemetery isn’t very well cared for.  Can’t imagine who is paying the bills for all these graves so it is not surprising it is a bit overgrown.  But very interesting.

Today was a day for errands.  We leave tomorrow for Felton, up by Santa Cruz.  We have a full tank and plenty of food.  Onward we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment