Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Falcon Ridge - June 13, 2010


June 13, 2010

Maaaaaaaa… Baaaaaaa…. Does a mountain goat go Maaaaa? Or does it go Baaaaaa? I think sheep baaaa and goat maaaaaa…. So let me warm up for my day… Maaaaaaaa!

We had a beautiful, cool evening with nice breezes making it heavenly for sleeping. Got up, did a quick powerwalk, then off we went to the Falcon Ridge Golf Club. It took us a little time to find it but we finally did. As I walked to our cart (pull carts were not allowed) I was immediately overwhelmed by the views and the amount of moguls on the course. And the hills… definitely, maaaaaa maaaaallll we were in mountain goat territory.

Today’s round was to be a scramble. We have an ‘A’ player (the best), a ‘B’ player (almost the best) a ‘C’ player (an advanced hacker – which was me in this case) and a ‘D’ player (someone that knows how to spell golf – which was Spouse). We ended up with the same guys we played with yesterday, the Ott brothers. We had to take 5 drives from player A, 4 from B, 3 from C and 2 from D. Fortunately, the Ott brothers (who I will refer to as the Otters from this point on) could drive 300 yards. Better yet, they had a 250 yard second shot in their bag!

For me, each hole was a dramatic adventure. There were extreme ups and downs (think – roller coaster!). There were lakes. There were streams. There were arroyos. I walked the holes, sometimes taking the cart in between the holes because of the distance and the fact that I had no idea where I was going! I kind of needed rappelling gear! Afterward, someone came up to me and shook my hand in amazement in my walking the course! When I did ride in the cart, it was scary because I don’t think all 4 wheels stay on the ground at any one time!

The Otters had played the course before so they had a little bit of course knowledge. But, the Browns are the ones that made the putts. I putted in a 30 footer for a birdie, Spouse putted an equal shot from right off the green for an eagle! (An eagle is 2 UNDER par, a birdie 1 under). And when they needed my drive, I shined! Wooohoooo! Spouse came through when he needed to also! Our team came in 3rd with us being -7! Yeah! Our team won $100!

The weather was probably in the low 80’s, with a bright blue sky and puffy white clouds and no winds of which to speak. We could not have asked for a better day. Afterwards, a bit of a rest and out to dinner with friends. We gamed a little afterwards, then started readying Hannah for her ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment