Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 10, 2010




Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sunrise at Lake Powell is a spiritual occurrence. I got up and did my powerwalk on the same path as yesterday. When I got to the lodge, dozens of cameras and tripods were set up. The paparazzi was chasing the sunrise too. The lake was calm as far as no boats, but there was a bit of a wind ripple, so it was less than perfect for skiing.

As a waterskiier, I love having the lake to myself. Boat wakes really take the sass out of me. Then I love glass. In glassy water, it is like skiing on a mirror. It is effortless, the ski actually whistles as I cut and turn. The shore and the clouds reflect onto the water and I cannot wipe the smile off my face. I can last forever in glass. I also like when there is an itty bitty wind ripple. It takes the reflection out of the water, but a tiny – and I stress TINY – ripple really hugs the ski. Whereas in glass, it can get a little squirrely when you get aggressive, with the little ripple, you can really go to town. Here in Wahweap, it is wide open to the winds. Up the canyons, there is always sheltered areas where you can get a good ski. But for now… back to Hannah.

We never unhooked Hannah from the truck, so it didn’t take us long to get her ready to go. I blew a kiss to the lake as we left it behind. On to Hwy 89 to Kanab, with the green desert scrub and the red mesas along the way. We didn’t want to go through Zion as with Hannah, we would have to pay a fee and schedule an appointment to get through the tunnel, so we took the alternate route through Fredonia. The red mesas guided us all the way into Hurricane. We did have to stop for a Hannah repair. Her propane door is missing a tab, so it kept coming open. Spouse had to use the reliable duct tape as an interim fix.

We got our spot in Mesquite and tried fiddling with the satellite dish. Screw it, we have cable here. It will have to be enough. The Laker game is on, which is good for me!

Oh… I almost forgot my spouse’s latest trash find… Yesterday, in the 90+ degree temperatures, he found a Hersheys bar in the parking lot – melting no doubt. He brought it home and put it in Hannah’s freezer and was proud to eat it! HE IS SUCH A TRASH MONKEY!

1 comment:

  1. good Lord!!! You really did catch up!!!! Miss you! (and spouse!)

    ReplyDelete