Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 15 FORE! Food and Vin Scully

Saturday, August 15, 2015

I must give my humans the stink eye.  I can tell they are getting ready to leave me all alone.  Strong stink eye...

Today, we have an early tee time with our friends George and Lori Daniel at their country club, Thunder Canyon.  It is a sunny day with clear skies.   The course backs up to the Sierras, we can see the Mt. Rose ski area on the horizon.  It is quite beautiful.  Paragliders hover overhead.  The course has lots of strategy shots where you need to lay up rather than hit in a hazard, and they have just aerated the greens, so they have a '2 putt' rule.  Regardless of how many putts you take, you only count 2 putts.  And that was a good thing because the balls did some erratic things on the sanded greens!  I did not post my 103 score due to the putt thing because I did not feel it was a true score.  Spouse stopped taking score after about 4 holes.  The weather was perfect, in the 80's.  It was a treat of a round.





After a nice lunch, we went back to Hannah.  Hey, why hasn't the air conditioner kicked on?  Dr. Spouse to the rescue.  Tinker with this, oops, let me try that.  Voila!  Working air conditioning.  We showered then went back to George and Lori's for dinner.  AND I GOT TO WATCH A DODGER GAME!  And hear Vin Scully.  We can't get it in LA, but since they are out of the area, they can get it.  I was in heaven.  My ears were savoring every word from Vinny's mouth, and it helped that the Dodgers won the game.  A true aural orgasm! 

And it helped that George waved his magic hand and I am now able to post pix to the blog.  I had tried the same thing about 3 times and it did not work.  He did it only once, and it worked!  Go figure...  Now, I will probably have to take crap from him forever more!


Back to Hannah, and a rather rambunctious Rudy who demanded human interaction.  PLAY WITH ME!  So we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment