Sunday, August 16, 2015

Can we have a re-do?

August 16, 2015

When my humans take me outside, I like to roll in the dirt.  I cover myself and I know I disguise my scent.  But then my humans wipe off all the dirt I so carefully rolled in.  Why is that?

Our morning walk was a bike ride on the trail right outside the park.  On one side of the trail is the Truckee river.  The other side was industrial.  We pedaled past homeless camps and tons of trash.  At one point, some chihuahuas on leashes, but running loose tried to attack Spouse as he went by.  I yelled at the owners  to leash the dogs and they said they were leashed.  I nearly hit one of the dogs (I wanted to hit the owners!) and had to stop.  It doesn't do any good to leash dogs if someone is not going to control them.  We pedaled on across a wooden bridge spanning the Truckee.  The trail ended about 5 or 6 miles up in mid Reno.  We pedaled back, passing the chihuahua tribe - who was enjoying a homeless Sunday sermon with others.  As it turns out, I am glad I biked the trail rather than walking it.  Safety would be questionable.







We got back to Hannah and as Spouse was loading the bikes, our neighbor came over to tell us that his $900 bike had been stolen off the back of his rig.  Glad we are leaving today.  Or are we...

As we go to hook up the truck, the lift motor for the front end made this clicking noise.  Not again!  Sure enough, the shear pin is broken.  We have this fixed every year.  Seems a poor design, don't you think?  Spouse gets the manual crank.  He finds the pin and gets it back together.  If we can't lift her up, we can't put her on the truck.  We could be stuck underneath the runway with the homeless for who knows how long.  But Spouse gets it working.  WE look for an RV place for extras... not on Sunday though.  Oh well, on to our next stop, Scheels.

Scheels is a sporting goods store along the lines of Cabelah or the Bass Outdoor Store.  Spouse needs some fishing supplies and who knows what else we might find.  AS we went to put Rudy inside Hannah... ugh...what a mess, and why didn't I get a picture...  The cabinets opened and dishes fell out and broke all over the place.  ARGH!  All I can say is WHAT A MESS!  Spouse created a strap for the cabinets so this shouldn't happen again. This day is not going according to plan! 





We clean up the place then head into Scheels.  When things aren't going well, spend money...  So we did!   Here it is, 2:00 and we have gone 5 miles.  Just what else can we enjoy doing... Driving to Winnemucca, 160 miles up hwy 80.  Talk about pegging the bore-o-meter!  All you see is brown.  For 75 miles... brown.  Until you hit Lovelock, it is brown.  YAWN YAWN.  After Lovelock, it is brown with a dash of green and a lazy uneventful river on the horizon.  MORE yawn!  Alas, Winnemucca...  oh goodie...  

No comments:

Post a Comment