Monday, June 14, 2021

June 14, 2021 Putting our sticks to use

June 14, 2021

I kind of watched out the window last night.  There are things out there I am sure I want to play with, maybe even eat.

Mr. Frog, can you keep the noise down?  I am trying to sleep…  We are near a creek and there are critters galore out there chirping, singing and making all sorts of noises.  In some ways, it is comforting, but at times, they are big time noisy!

My morning walk took me up the street to the grocery store to fetch my old dog a bone… or to buy the Spouse some milk.  We are playing golf today and I will be walking the course so I just need a bit of a walk to loosen up.  It rained some last night and it is damp outside.  It is a bit cloudy, and I hope it stays that way to keep things on the cooler side.

We are playing Bacon Park golf course.  Yes, we could have played one of the premier courses over on Hilton Head if we wanted to brave the morning traffic, but we didn’t want to.  My spouse would croak at the price and would not enjoy his golf so here we are.  It is along the lines of Simi Hills. The course has a nice layout and challenging holes, but it is Monday, and it looked like a hangover from the weekend.

 

It needs a mow job (that really did not affect us but it is an observation), the greens were not in good shape, and the trash cans had lots of beer cans.  We got there at 8 and they let us go right off.  Seems people don’t do things early out here, but we wanted to beat the heat. 

Spouse played the forward tees with me.  Sometimes, it appeared that those tees were just stuck in the fairway.  While the other tees had nice tee boxes, about a half dozen or so of the forward tees were just kind of there.  I guess they figure we are a bunch old biddies and we just have to deal with it!  I have seen this before on some really nice courses, too.  This course is used for an amateur championship of some sort so you know it could be prettied up.

Live oaks line the fairways with the dangling Spanish moss.  The grass is wet which means I need to push my cart a little harder to make progress.  After about the third hole, the sun came out… NOOOO!  Shade is good… SUN IS HOT!  It is humid!  SUN IS HOT!  My sweat has sweat!  I did my best to hit into the shade.  A light cloud cover came in and out which made it more comfortable, and there was a breeze which lasted til the 16th hole.  Then that nasty sun came out again.

                                    

We had the course to ourself and finished in just over 3 hours and we were both wet.  It felt so good to get into an air conditioned truck.  But when we stopped for lunch in an air conditioned restaurant, I needed some sleeves to keep from freezing!  Hot, arctic, hot, arctic.

Talk about a good shower… Oh yes!

Tomorrow, we start back west. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment