Thursday, June 24, 2021

June 22, 2021 Golf and go



 

June 22, 2021

My humans took me for a long walk today.  I got to sniff and snort and even roll in the dirt.  Then I came in and used my potty box.  Then I went outside again.  It was fun.

My morning walk was on Spreading Antlers golf course.  Since we are parked at the Elks Lodge and the course is there, it seemed the right thing to do.  We only played nine but since we weren’t planning on playing at all, this was a treat.  Spouse thinks all courses should be only 9 holes.



The first hole chewed me up and spit me out.  I showed it who was boss when I made a 50 foot chip shot for a birdie on the next hole.  Then the course took control…  Ok, I give… it won!  But I still had fun.  Spouse had some good shots and did fairly well.  It was a tough nine.

Then back on the road on Hwy 50 west.  And west… and west…  The plains of Colorado are flatter than anything we saw in Kansas.  Lots of farms, ranches and cattle.  It is a little less green than what we have seen.  We pass through Pueblo and the terrain is now high desert scrub.  We are starting to climb some but it is an easy drive at 55 mph except when going through towns. 

Past the town of Canon City, the road follows the Arkansas River.  Spouse grew up calling it the R-Kansas river, but that is Kansas speaking.  It is really pronounced like the state of Arkansas.  There are gazillions of rafters floating down.  The current moves fast, but the rapids do not look too challenging.  We finally settled near the town of Salida in an RV park right on the Arkansas River.  WE are in an Alpine valley surrounded by mountains and it is gorgeous.  We took a short walk and found ourselves at Pleasant Valley RV park… wow…  A local told of us of some bike rides from here, so we unloaded our bikes.  Our morning is now planned…






2 comments:

  1. Mike's cousin Jan, also my client, has an old house in Salida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous country, love the bike path!

    ReplyDelete