Monday, June 7, 2021

June 6, 2021 Orchid Fever

 

June 6, 2021

I got a lizard! I got a lizard!   Well at least I got its tail.  I wasn’t here but a second and the lizard was mine!  ALL MINE!

The morning is cloudy with a drip here and there but really perfect for walking. You can tell it rained overnight.  Spouse came with me at first walking up the rural street behind our RV park.  The properties are large, the homes, less so.  Some of them old prefab homes, others cozy homes.  They have a good sense of humor based on some of the signs posted in their yards.  An older couple told us of a trail up the mountain, but Spouse was done, and I didn’t want to do it alone, especially while listening to my serial killer podcasts…




After Spouse left me, I walked up a side road in our RV park where they have cute cabins.  Funny, we are in the county of Transylvania and I am listening to a serial killer podcast where the killer sucks his victims’ blood!

We are in no hurry this morning.  We are headed to the town of Newberry, South Carolina, home of Carter and Holmes orchids.  But first, we ready Hannah and plug in Lady Gagarmin.  After yesterday’s fun on back roads, we let Lady Gagarmin take control of us.  She has no choice but to take us on some back roads to ultimately get us to I26.  Beautiful rolling hills, farms and small communities.  The churches are all busy on this Sunday. 

Once on I26 going south, it is easy driving.  It is pretty with the ups and the downs and the trees and creeks.  We figured we would check out where the Orchid place is then figure out where to say.  Lady Gagarmin has us go right, then left, then right then left all on rural roads.  She then deposited us at Carter and Holmes.  They have a large property with big shade trees so Spouse asked if we could just park there and they said yes.  They are closed today, but open tomorrow at 9, so I will be ready. 





It is warm, but not hot.  It is a bit muggy but there is a breeze so it isn’t uncomfortable.  It is actually more comfortable outside.  Rudy is loving it.  He wasn’t on his leash one full minute before he had a lizard tail squirming, with the lizard getting away.

At dinner time, we started the generator and ran the air conditioner for a while.  We went for a walk and heard thunder and it started to lightly rain.  I would love a full on thunderstorm, but we shall see.

All of this to look at plants I hope I don’t buy.  It is a sickness…  Won’t it be fun!  Carter and Holmes is one of the oldest Orchid Growers in the country, so how could we drive by it without stopping, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment