Monday, November 13, 2023

November 12, 2023 Going Home

I got to explore this morning.  I got to roll, and roll.  It felt so good.

My morning walk took me to the Riverwalk.  Spouse came with me for a while.  I used to be able to walk the entire distance to the end, but at the Colorado Belle, it becomes impossible to connect to the trail, so I headed back.



We let the GPS navigate for us.  She took us on the 163, to the 95.  Usually, we take the frontage road down to I40, but, I hate to admit it…  we liked her route.  It has some mountainy grades, but it is a 4 lane highway to 95 and a much cleaner road than the frontage road. 

Back on I40 (yawn).  Our trip cannot be complete without at least one stop at a Dairy Queen for Spouse to get a blizzard. 



Once again, we took the 58 to Mojave and caught the 14. It is longer than the Pearblossom highway, but so much easier to drive.  And we heard about the issues with I10 and the fire, which was impacting every other freeway nearby, including the 15.  I am so glad we were able to avoid that drama.

Back at home…  5000 guavas on the ground…  we have a lot of work to do!

In general, I am very impressed with how Artee handled camping off the grid.  I see more of that in our future.


No comments:

Post a Comment