Monday, July 11, 2011

We put the Sea in Seattle





































Saturday, July 9, 2011: Put the Sea in Seattle

SUN! I see it! Hurrah! What a spoiled little Californian I am. A couple of days of clouds and I feel persecuted! One glimpse of the sun and I am totally revived! I must admit, I packed too many pairs of shorts! The weather has been cool, and sometimes downright cold! Today, better dress in layers.

We had intended to get an early start, but we all slept in. Felt good. Our plan was to take the boys into the city. We decided to drive up to Bremerton, and walk on the Ferry which takes us right into the heart of downtown Seattle. It is about a 1 hour ride across the sound in calm seas. Saw a few humongous jelly fish.

We started off at the always hectic Pikes Market. All sorts of fun foods for sale, and it is beyond crowded. Spouse wanted Greek, Crew wanted fried chicken, Dallas and I got Korean. It was good. And the fruit was incredibly juicy and sweet. Spouse gave Dallas one of our phones if we got separated. After we lost Spouse several times, we gave Spouse back his phone and gave my phone to Dallas. Spouse was much more likely to wander off...

After watching the crowds at Pikes, we walked up to the monorail for the ride to the Space Needle. It is a beautiful sunny day so the visibility would be outstanding. Since Spouse and I had done this a few times already, we sent the boys up by themselves. No need to spend an additional $18 a person in our books. While the boys were up, Spouse and I read and napped. Crew was upset that he could not pee off the top of the Space Needle. I was perfectly happy that he could not...

We then headed to the Science Fiction and Music Museum which is in the same complex as the Space Needle. They had a special exhibit on the making of Avatar, as well as Battlestar Gallactica. For music, they focused on some homeboys - Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain. Pretty pricey, but hey, we were there so why not.

By now, we are tired so we hop back on the monorail and started walking back to the waterfront. There is so much activity today. You could not convince me that there were any money troubles in the world based on all the action we saw. We hustled back just in time to catch the ferry home. I have been a boater for so long. It feels a little weird being on someone else's boat. The sea still has a magnetic pull for me. I guess once it is in your blood, there is no getting rid of it!

Spouse had arranged for his friend Bill to come by and let Bart out during the day. But he sure was glad to see us when we got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment