Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 17, 2014 A day on the links


September 17, 2014

 I am a magnet.  When I am outside, people just can't help coming to pet me.  And I let them!

 Today, we have a tee time for 8am at Pine Creek golf club with Tom and Sandy. 

 We are normally early people.  We are usually awake before 7am, and frequently before 6:30.  But, there is something unnerving about having a time commitment where you HAVE to be up at that time.  Why is that?

Pine Creek is a beautiful course with Pike's Peak in the background.  We are probably at about 6700 feet elevation.  The course is tough, with little margin for error.  I did decently on the front nine, but the back nine ate me up.  Spouse was his usual self.  Walking the hills at this altitude was a bit challenging.  Sandy walked AND carried her clubs!  She is one toughie!  It was an enjoyable way to spend the day.


 

The day is warm, but not hot.  There are puffy clouds and it is very clear.  The day was meant for golfing.

 

We bid our farewells, and come back to get things ready for departure tomorrow.  We toyed with going to a cannibis shop, but in the end, we didn't feel like it.  The last thing we need is any encouragement for eating...

 

I am amazed at how well Spouse and I have gotten along on this trip.  However, today, he did something almost unforgiveable... he put a knife in the spoon slot in our silverware drawer!  What was he thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment