Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 22, 2014 There's no place like HOME


Monday September 22, 2014
 
I smell it, but I can't see it.  I will patrol though...
 
It is still dark when I woke up, but I am excited to be going home.  I can see a wee bit of light on the horizon.  We spent many years camping on Lake Mohave right above Laughlin.  I would see the first hint of light and the excitement to go skiing would take over.  I would make coffee and make enough noise to wake everybody else up so that I could be the first skier on the water at the earliest of light.  Everyone thought I was nuts, and maybe I was, but the beauty of the morning had my heart, and this morning reminds me of those times.
 
I decided to walk along the river before it got too light.  It is cool for this area, maybe about 70.  There are lots of feral cats.  A raccoon comes walking up to me like he owns the walkway.  The cats let him have his way and he sauntered towards a hotel.  It is obvious he has been fed before, although he was standing right before a sign forbidding the feeding of wildlife.  I guess Rocky can't read...  Spouse came by on his bike.
 
We then headed back and readied Hannah for the trip home.  The ride from here is the longest ride on the planet.  And it is boring.  And Spouse can make it even longer.  He just has to drink sodas... and what goes in must come out, and we stop, and stop, and stop. 
 
But we ultimately make it home.  There are mounds of mail but Crew kept the house decent and the plants look good.  Lots of my orchids are getting ready to bloom!  Yay... Now comes the real work of the trip... Unloading and cleaning.  yech.
 
Rudy loves being back in his own yard.  He is frolicking beyond belief.  He is back in his routine... 

No comments:

Post a Comment