Saturday, August 20, 2016

Thursday, August 18, 2016 Thank you Ben Franklin... I love electricity


Thursday, August 18, 2016

My humans took me for a long walk.  They let me go all over the place as long as I was on their leash.  I will take what I can get.  I hate to tell them, but they are stifling my ability to hunt.  But I do like the smells.  ME-OWT!

Rudy is on me.  He is trying to tell me something, but I continue to sleep.  I normally do not sleep real well... leave me alone... I sleep.  Spouse sleeps... We awake at 8:30!  I can't remember sleeping that late in the last 10 years at least!  Ouch!  We missed the fishing bite!  We will try anyway.

We walk over to the lake and cast our lines.  There are fish jumping, and they are laughing at us!  You slackers!  We were over there earlier now we are here and you can't get us!  Bwaaaaahhaaaa!  After about 20 minutes with only a nibble, we realized our attempt was futile and we went back to Hannah.


Spouse had a bit of a headache from hitting his head against Hannah.  (Hannah was ok, thank goodness).  So he didn't feel like walking.  We readied Hannah, and I left the man stuff to him to finish while I started walking out.  He would pick me up on the way out.  It was a beautiful walk through the forest.  Two other campers had come in this morning, so I was not too afraid of running into wildlife.  I made it all the way to the highway and started back when Spouse showed up.  Perfect timing.

We were less than 20 miles from Stanley.  It is evident that a wildfire had come through here recently.  We found out it was only last month, and that the highway we were on had been closed for weeks.  They had evacuated all the campgrounds up to where we were going.  That is devastating to a small town like Stanley. 

Our batteries are low, we need to recharge everything.  We stayed in the Elk Mountain RV park last year.  To me, it is like going home to Mayberry.  Is it the best rv park?  No.  The sites are woodsy which is nice.  They are not crazy close together, but not far apart either.  There is no fishing on the site.  But there is fishing all around.  But what makes it charming is the restaurant and the people.  Home cooking, friendly folks, and of course a real draw for the Spouse-meister - FREE coffee and FREE laundry!

We hook up Hannah and did every bit of laundry we could!  We decided to stay until Monday morning.  We are tired of moving every day, even though some days we go for just a few miles.  Time to stay put and regenerate.  I am reveling in the electricity!  And the internet!  You may have noticed I haven't posted for a while.  I do make a point of writing every day.  I usually do not post my blog on the same day that I write it as I always think of more to say.  But, I can look back 4 days and realize I already forgot so many details, so it is important to me to write every day.  I look back on blogs from previous years and am so thankful that I have done this, even if it is a pain sometimes.


So now with Hannah sparkling clean, let me get out the electric coffemaker.  Or I may just go inside and get coffee tomorrow morning.  Oh decisions, decisions...

Note to Spouse:  If you stop walking into things, your head might not hurt!

Another note to Spouse:  If you take it out of a cupboard, PUT IT BACK IN WHEN YOU ARE DONE!  Is this a guy thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment