Thursday, August 4, 2016

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 Berries, visiting and cards, oh my!


August 3, 2016

 

Where are my humans?  I am all alone.  Sure, I can chase my toys, but I want my humans!  Oh here they come!  I must make sure they know I am here!  Here I am!  Here I am!!!

 

My morning walk takes me down the road from Rick and Sue's, across the busy McCourtney Rd, and into the 6B ranch area.  Here there are large horse properties among rolling hills dotted with oaks and pines.  A stream runs beneath the road here and there.  It is clean and crisp and beautiful.  This has always been one of my favorite walks.  And as I return, I channel my inner bear and munch on the blackberries lining the road.  Tomorrow, I will take a bag with me and bring some back.  As it is, I return to Hannah with hands the color of a beautiful blackberry red!

 






We spent the day visiting and going into Nevada City.  This was a major mining area in the 1800's.  Now it is the cutest town with lots of cute shops.  None of us are much on shopping, but it is nice to walk around and check things out.  Spouse and I actually got some shoes...  Wow!  Normally I wait till my shoes barely stay on my feet before I get new ones and I got 2 pair!  Alert the press!

 

After a great dinner and a couple of rounds of card playing, where Spouse cleaned our clocks,  we head back to Hannah.  When we get there, Rudy is all over us.  He missed his humans.  Once again, we tried to take him out on a leash, but he could sense the danger in it and opted to stay inside.



 

One side note...  Sue and I were looking at a blog post from last year.  She realized she was wearing the same shirt today that was in the photo from last year, so she changed into something different just to prove she does have more than one shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment