Friday, August 26, 2016

Thursday, August 25, 2016 The Eye Candy of Bike Rides


Thursday, August 25, 2016

My humans have brought me to this place before.  No mousies here tho.  I will make them take me exploring.  I will make them let me roll in the dirt.  They are easily manipulated.

We wake up to a herd of deer in the shoal behind Hannah.  What a sight.  The sky is blue, the air is clear.  It is not as cold as at Stanley so we gather the fishing gear and go right on site here at the place where 'Honey Hole' creek dumps into the Salmon River.  It is a little late for the morning bite but,  we both get some hits.  We don't bring anything in, but the scenery is worth standing there and holding a pole.


After we eat, we get on the bikes and head up the road that takes you to Shoup. It is a gentle downhill ride, which means it is an uphill ride coming back.  It is difficult to articulate just how beautiful this road is.  On our right, is a rugged desert brush mountain.  Then there is the road, and then the valley.  The Salmon River runs through the valley.  There is a horse meadow from Newland Ranch.  There are many nooks and crannies that the Salmon weaves in and around.  On the far side are wooded mountains, layer after layer.   We see an eagles nest high in a tree.  Then we see an osprey nest, smaller in size, the osprey perched in a branch above.

Some of you might think this is the same picture from last year.  You will notice I am wearing a different bra!














We hear the sounds of the birds, river and our bikes as we pedal along the gentle curves of the road.  Very few cars go by.  This bike ride alone is worth bringing the bikes on this trip.  If we didn't take one more ride, it wouldn't matter because we got to soak in the beauty of this road.  We pedaled about 5 or 6 miles before we decided to head back.  We stopped at a picnic area and watched Woody Woodpecker go to town.  This is a total sensory overload!



After lunch at the local store and a little relaxing, we headed back to the Honey Hole where we promptly got tangled.  Those fish are smart... they know how to eat the worm off the hook without biting the hook...  We get at least a hit on every cast, quite a lot of action.  Spouse is now not wormifying my line for the time being, so alas, my fishing days are on hold.  Now, you might think 'why can't she put a worm on a hook?'  You have to know who I am to understand that.  When I do my morning walks at home, if I see a worm writhing on the sidewalk, I pick it up and throw it on a lawn so it can either live on, or die with dignity.  It is against my nature to kill.  I am not against a worm being on a hook, I just don't have the stomach to do it myself.  It is the same with the actual killing of the fish.  I am not against it, I just can't be the one doing the deed.  And don't even talk to me about hunting...  But Spouse says he has a tool that would make it easier...  hmmm...

But, for now, I will suffer through one more fresh trout dinner... And the ones in the freezer will get eaten too...
He has become one of 'those' smart phone people...

No comments:

Post a Comment