Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sunday, September 18, 2016 My evil twin... darn her...


Sunday, September 18, 2016

Oh no... my humans are getting ready to leave me.  Will they be gone long?  I want to go outside!  Where are they?  Me-owt...  I guess I will just lay around...  I want out... where are my humans?

Today we are playing golf at Coral Canyon, just a couple of miles from here.  I am allowed to walk the course, although the staff thinks I am crazy.  It is a shotgun start, which means people all start at the same time but on different holes.  We are starting on 17, which means I have to walk two holes back... on a course I know nothing about.  I was told to take 10 to 11, then the 17th tee is near the 11th green.  So off I go... I climb.  I am pushing my clubs.  I climb, I push... I climb and push... I finally get to the top.  I go down... I pull back my clubs, I go down... and so it goes.  Lots of desert chaparral but nice fairways and greens.  We are playing with Paula, the coordinator of this trip.  She is a pretty good golfer.  Not so for us.  My evil twin was there for most of the day.  The day was EXTREMELY slow.  The foursome in front of us was part of our group, but the foursome in front of them was not, and they were slow.  A round of golf should take about 4 1/2 hours.  This took 6 hours.  For me, it is impossible to get any momentum when you are waiting and waiting... Did I mention that it took SIX hours for this round????  And most of the ball cleaners had no water in them, which is really tacky when there are tournaments out there.  Spouse did pretty good getting over some of the hazards on his drives.  Yay Spouse!


And it was warm... I was surprised to see alcohol being served in the bar on Sunday.  An ICE COLD beer with an ICE COLD glass please....

When we got back, we stopped at our friend's trailer, Brian and Kathy Boals.  They are playing in this neck of the woods so we thought we would connect.  After a shower, we decided to go out for Italian food.  One problem... all the Italian restaurants are closed today (except for Dominoes Pizza and the Olive Garden).  When life deals you a lemon, you make lemonade...  We got some pasta and sauce from Hannah, they had some tomato based beanie/weanie stew, some fresh creamed spinach and fresh parmesan!  Voila, we had our Italian meal.  And don't forget the meatballs...



After a great visit, back to Hannah.  Rudy wants some out time...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment