Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 Off to Kolob Canyon


Tuesday, September 20, 2016
My maternal human is using her litter box.  I am pawing under the door at her feet.  She threw a toy down for me.  This is fun!  Let me get both paws under there!  FUN!
Today is an 'off' day - no golf.  Spouse and I did a walk, then went to the Holiday Inn Express to meet up with Karl and Kurt and enjoy one of their crappy - I mean delicious... breakfasts.  So, what do you do in this neck of the woods when you don't want to consume your whole day but wanna do something?
Over the years when we have driven I15, I saw Kolob Canyon, Zion National Park.  Now, I know Zion - at least the heart of Zion is 20 or 30 miles east of I15, so what is this Kolob Canyon?  It is about 25 miles north of us, so with Karl, we head that way.  It actually is part of Zion.  There is a 5 mile scenic drive, but it doesn't connect by paved road to the main Zion.  There are quite a few hiking trails, and there are the buttes... the scenic rocks.  The reds... the beauty.  We drove to the top, which is about 6000 feet.  There is a mile roundtrip hike out to an overlook where you can see for a gazillion miles.  The clouds are threatening rain, and we were warned to stay off dirt roads.  I think Jack is glad about that - Spouse washed him and he is clean.  The thought of getting muddy does not interest him... or Spouse.  Thus, we kept it easy.






Tonite, dinner at the Painted Pony.  Supposedly a real treat.  We shall see...
I have no internet in Hannah, so I am forced to go to the clubhouse to post.  I like where we are except for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment