Tuesday, August 16, 2022

August 12, 2022 Pedaling our butts around



 

August 12, 2022  Kicking back some        

There is this critter in the tree that drops things on us.  I am watching it… Go ahead… come on down…



My morning walk took me on the back road again.  It is so pretty and not crowded at all.  I usually only see maybe one or two people on my walk.  I usually listen to true crime podcasts – enough to sometimes creep me out about being alone…

When I got back, we got the bikes ready and with Kathy and Brian, took off on the back road the opposite way of my walk.  WE stopped at the cemetery that was established in 1874.  Some of the graves have fancy headstones, some are just piles of rocks with an old wooden cross.  Cemeteries can tell great stories.  The Padilla family had 4 young babies that died.  How sad.    There were other stories too.  Larry – gone fishing.  Good for you…





We continued on for another couple of miles till we hit the spot where you can launch a raft, and cross Hwy 50 if you want.  We didn’t want…  We turned around and pedaled back.   Some horses were wandering and were intrigued by the bike.  One by one, they smelled my bike then let me pet them!  How sweet!  On we went… 


We actually went past our park for another couple of miles.  Good exercise and lots of fun.

Back at the ranch, lunch and a shower, then skyjo with Jake and Lynn.  I finally won a game (popped my Skyjo cherry so to speak!).  I also beat them in a game of Rummikub later… Haaa!  Bwaaaahhaaaa!

WE love sitting outside Hannah watching the river go by.  Occasionally, a raft goes by manned by a guide rowing while a fisherman casts his lure.  Guido, the rat bastard squirrel tosses pine code shavings down.  Rudy watches…


We all went over to our diner for dinner.  The guys have been craving the fried chicken.  We were traumatized when we were told that the diner would be closing forever at the end of the month as the owner is retiring.  This is not gourmet food by any stretch of the imagination, but it is good home cooking at a good price.  There is a loyal crowd there.  This place will surely be missed.  When we were here the other day, when we left a chicken came running up to us.  Kathy tossed it some food.  We expected it to come running up to us again tonite… It didn’t… I hope there is no correlation to us eating the fried chicken dinners…

More Rummikub…  Rudy is exhausted from watching Guido the rat bastard squirrel.



No comments:

Post a Comment