Sunday, August 28, 2022

August 27, 2022 Killing Time

August 27, 2022  Let’s Kill Some Time

My humans walk me over to a place not far where I can chew grass and walk around without being tied up.  I try to sneak under the fence, but they catch me.  I won’t go far but they make sure I don’t escape.



Spouse went with me on my morning walk.  The Elks is just a short distance from BYU, but it is in a business district.  We are tucked way back, which is good, but it does not make for the best of walks, but as long as I feel safe, I will walk.  I will walk around shopping centers, through neighborhoods, over railroad tracks.  I actually find it quite interesting watching how the town functions.  Spouse went with me for a good portion of the walk only because we didn’t know where we were going and I was holding him captive!  But I think he enjoyed it.

Then we got down to business…  We went to Camping World.  In Arty, there are some things we think we should change.  Assuming he is ours, we figured we would look for solutions.  We got some good ideas then checked out the RVs for sale. 

I swear, they should hire me to come in a critique designs.  We checked out several RVs, and big ones at that.  They seem to make things for looks, without any regard to function.  For instance, here is a 5th wheel with 3 sliders about 38 feet long with a huge tv and salon, but in the bedroom, the closet is only about 1 foot wide.  Really?  I could go on, but all this confirms that Arty is the right rig for us, barring any hiccups.

Coming home, we decided to take hwy. 92 from the I15 to hwy 189 through Provo Canyon.  The map says it is a scenic drive so why not?  Hmmm….  It says we have to pay a fee, but one road goes to the toll booth and the other is a bypass lane.  Lots of people are in the bypass lane so that is what we do.  Not sure about this, but too bad.  The road starts in a canyon, following a river.  It is a Saturday so it is a bit busy as we pass by Timpanogos Cave National Monument (hence the fee).  Lots of people as we drive on.  Then the road starts to climb, and narrow.  I am feeling good as there is a guardrail, something that was a rare sight on the high ground in Colorado.  This is a nice guardrail, until they ran out of money and the guardrail stops, but the steep drop offs continued.  And the road narrows.  We held our breath every time a car came the other way.  It seemed like they were always hogging the road.  It is beautiful with the pines, aspens and high rocky mountains.  I can enjoy it somewhat while Spouse is gritting his teeth.  Hairpin turns, narrow road… a car coming the other way…  Why did we do this on a Saturday?  Like, how would we know, right?  For 25 miles Spouse agonized, while I sometimes enjoyed the stunning scenery.  By the time we got to the Sundance ski area, the road widened some and actually got a double yellow line in it.  By the time we got to hwy. 189, Spouse was done!  We headed for lunch and home.



Time to give Rudy a walk in the garden… 


No comments:

Post a Comment