Saturday, August 6, 2022

AUGUST 3, 2022 Coffee failure... Is this an omen?

 

Wednesday August 3, 2022  Mr. Coffee fails me

I snuggled with my humans all night.  They were so warm, I kept right on top of them.

The air conditioner ran all night.  Rudy insisted on putting his hot body on my legs.  How could I deny him?  It actually got cool enough that I had to put a light blanket on.  Whee! 

The reason we stay at Laughlin is that we enjoy the riverwalk.  I like to start early before it is too hot.  So I got up, started the coffee and readied myself for an early walk.  Brush my teeth, put on clothes, pour my coffee…  huh?  Why isn’t the coffee maker working?  Could it be?  Is it dead?  ARGH!  Quick, make some coffee with the manual percolator.  So much for an early start… this set me back almost 30 minutes, but I got my coffee.  Stepped outside around 6:30 am to 92 degree temps.  Ugh…  Spouse started with me but he is too slow, so off I went.

The riverwalk goes along the Colorado river. Occasionally, you feel a slight cool breeze off the cold water, but today was pretty still.  I could only imagine what the lake above the dam looked like… glassed out water waiting for me to ski.  How I love that whistle that the ski gives off the glassy water.  I loved hearing the sprinkle of the water from the rooster tail when I cut into a turn.  Whoosh, whack, whoosh.  Oh, back to earth… try and stay in the shade as it is f’n hot!  Cutting across the parking lot back to Hannah was like running the Badwater race (Death Valley to Whitney Portal in mid July).  It was less than a half mile by then but it was grueling!



When I got back, I took a shower using only the cold water, which was plenty hot!  Time to move on!

We decided to check out the Elks Lodge in Bullhead City as we heard they had RV spaces.  They didn’t.  But it just so happens that Spouse’s best friend (the Gas Buddy app) told him the cheapest gas in the area was right next door, so it worked out.  I would have done harm if we had gone that far out of our way for cheap gas by itself.  Sometimes, he can’t help himself.  It is a source of friction because I wouldn’t go a block out of my way towing a 30 foot box to save a buck! 

Finally….  Off we go heading east to Kingman where we will stop at a Walmart for DEF, and a coffee pot.  We ate a lite breakfast planning on stopping at one of our favorite restaurants in Williams if we ever make it there.

We were able to get our DEF, but NO SUPPLY OF COFFEE MAKERS!  ARGH!  We are gonna have to stop, yet again!  Will we ever get moving?  And what is worse…  we get to Williams and our restaurant is closed on this Wednesday!  Really???  Our mojo is not gelling here…  We ate elsewhere, and continued on… into the road construction traffic near Flagstaff.  Tick tock…

It is almost 4 by now so we figure we should probably stay in Winslow, about another hour away.  There is an Elks lodge there with a post in a dirt lot with electricity for RVs.  And they have a Walmart…  where we might get a coffee maker.  It is not that I love Walmarts… but they are convenient when you are towing a huge box behind you.  This time, they had a single coffee maker with a stainless steel carafe.  The rest were glass, you know, the kind that breaks when you hit a bump in the road… 

There was a street fair going on just a couple of blocks away with music.  We had a great meal, and enjoyed the stroll on route 66… standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.  And the air conditioner worked.  Temps were around 90 so it was a lot more comfortable than the Colorado River valley.



I have to admit that I have been kind of rushing through my blogs as I have been sooooo far behind.  Our days have been discombobulated so I have not been able to allocate a block of time to it, but I know it will get better!

1 comment: