Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 15, 2014 What goes out must come back in?


Friday August 15, 2014

 Let me out!  Whoa!  It's wet! Let me in!

 It rained through the night.  Spouse got up early so he could be first in line at the Chevy dealer.  Since I didn't know if he was going to be one hour or one day, I decided I was going to take it easy.  It was difficult since Spouse was griping about the friggin' coffee pot throwing up again.  I hate that thing.  Off he goes... I get back in bed, as does Rudy.  No Thunderpaw morning for him. 

 Yawn, about 8, I get up and grab my coffee (what is left of it) and my crossword puzzle and relax.  Rudy follows me and we both stretch out in the reclining chair.  With him on my legs, I am going nowhere.  Well, not exactly.  After about an hour, I begrudgingly move him and start getting my act together.  Lo and behold, Spouse is back.  It isn't even 10 and the truck is fixed.  I haven't even done my walk.  The rain is almost gone, so I poncho up and head out.  We are right at the base of Rockwood Park.  It is actually part of the transcanadian trail.  The trail goes around a lake and up hills for scenic outlooks.  Still too gray for much of a view but it is a surprisingly nice trail.  I go back and get Spouse to do it too.  As we walked, a doe graced us with her presence. 


 

 We decided to stay here another day.  The rain has stopped and the sun is trying to break through.

 After our trail blazing, we head out to see the 'reversing falls.'  We are on the Bay of Fundy which has a 26 foot tide swing twice daily.  It creates some strange conditions along the coast.  In Saint John, it actually reverses the flow of the Saint John River.   We set the GPS and follow Samaaaaantha.  She says we are there... hmmmm, we are by a bunch of run down row houses... I doubt we are 'there'.  We ask a man for directions and he said the GPS sends lots of people there, so I guess it is not just Samaaaaantha.  We followed the gentleman till we found our way.

 We got a table for lunch in a restaurant to enjoy lunch while the tide changes.  At first, we watch the River flowing out into the bay, creating little eddies.  Then we notice no more eddies and it is flattening out.  At first, the flow reversal is slow, but after about 10 minutes, you realize there is probably a 10 knot flow upriver.  There are even a few rapids.  I can only imagine the marine life in the area.  This has got to be a primo salmon area.  Tomorrow, we are heading to Moncton where people actually surf the reverse flow!
 


 

 For the rest of our day, talking to our neighbors about places to visit.  You sure learn a lot talking to people that have been there and done that.  And I also find that when a woman who has a few facial hairs is talking, I have a hard time focusing on what she is saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment