Tuesday, May 25, 2021

May 21, 2021 Pottygate

 

May 21, 2021

 

I know how to charm the humans.  Sometimes when we are in the little house that moves, another human will come and talk to my humans.  They see me and start talking to me.  I give them a look, then I yawn, showing my awesome teeth.  Then I stretch out my leg and show them my massive paw.  They melt!  IT works every time!
 

This is a great campground.  It is so quiet except for the critters.  The spaces are large and wooded.  This morning, my walk took me on some of the trails the Civil war soldiers took on the attack on Fort Blakeley.  Although the trails are worn, they are still somewhat primitive.  It is really easy to let your imagination visualize what happened here.  The trails are heavily wooded and there are creeks.  Oh, and without the wind, there are bugs.  You can hear the wind in the treetops, but down below it is still.

When I got back to Hannah, Spouse was readying her for the next leg of our journey.  He was draining the tanks.  There is a certain sequence to follow when doing this.  First, the black tank (toilet), then the gray tank (galley) then the shower.  In theory, this allows you to dump your waste while subsequently cleaning the sewer lines with soapy water.  Spouse decided to also do a special cleaning of the black tank by hooking a hose to a nozzle that will spray inside the tank to super clean.  He has done this a gazillion times before, but now, he can’t hear the nozzle spraying.  He asked me to be his ears and I couldn’t hear it either.  One thing led to another and the next thing I see is an exasperated spouse telling me we are in trouble as he broke the lever that allows us to drain the black tank.  And because it hadn’t drained very much, we couldn’t use it until he fixed it.   Ok…  I think I have a urinary tract infection brewing and you are telling me I can’t use our toilet???  Oh no, this is NOT going to work. 

I check for the nearest Camping World.  It is 25 miles in the opposite direction that we wanted to go but too bad!  Normally, Camping Worlds are on the outskirts of a big city on a major highway.  Oh no…  we get to go 10 miles off I10 towards the gulf… where there are winds…  blowing sand…  They had the part but could not help us so we decided to head on our way and fix it when we stopped for the night… if it can be fixed…  Then Spouse had to stop at a Bass Pro Shop.  It is now 1 PM, and we are basically at the same place we were at this morning.  Not much progress.  Oh well…

So off we went, back towards Mobile and the glorious traffic.  After the tunnel which goes under the water, we exited on Water Street which brought us into the center of town.  Clean buildings light traffic, but there was something missing…  there were no homeless encampments!  How did they do that? We eventually got on to Hwy 45 going northwest.  We decided to double back a bit and pick up the Natchez Trace Trail.  This trail goes northeast across Mississippi, Alabama and into Tennessee.  It is historical and supposedly pretty, so we shall see.

We head through Citronelle and up to Waynesboro, Mississippi.  We have been on a two lane highway that slows through the few small towns but is otherwise fast moving.  Lots of green, trees, farms, ponds and generally, quite pretty.  Once we cross into Mississippi, the highway becomes divided by a huge grassy median.  We head west on Hwy 84 and decided to stop at Maynor Creek Water Park.  It is a Friday night, and it seems that this is quite the place to go so we are doubtful about getting a spot.  Then I saw a sign that this is a dry county and alcohol will not be tolerated….  I knew we were in!  We got a decent spot.  There is a huge lake where I was told the bass fishing is great.  Don’t know about waterskiing, guess I will see in the morning.

When we set up Hannah, Spouse started working on the black tank lever.  My hero… he fixed it!  I am sure that will result in my urinary tract infection clearing up all on its own!  We shall see…

Still no wi-fi.  This has been an incredible stretch of no wi-fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment