Tuesday, May 25, 2021

May 24, 2021 On to Paul and Merrillee's

 

May 24, 2021
 

 

My humans let me walk really far today.  Then they brought me over to this really big bowl of water.  I got excited when I saw things moving in there.  Wonder what that is.  I must want it.  Then something big jumped up!  I saw it with my own eyes!  I dragged my human back home big time fast!  Then I had to use my potty box.

I woke up to the calmest body of water on the planet.  I am writhing in pain that I cannot ski it!  But there isn’t even a fisherman out.  I don’t get it.  Spouse started on my walk with me around the docks, and around the property.  It is a mobile home park with an RV park so we wandered up the streets and around.  When Spouse left, I continued across the main road up a side road. Beautiful farms and there were some mini mules that loved having their ears scratched.  A girl has gotta do what she’s gotta do!

        

                                        

 

When I got back to Hannah, we readied her for her next adventure.  Spouse, with great tenacity, plotted a route in Lady Gagarmin, and darned if it didn’t work kind of.  A little kink with the mileage but he knows what it is so maybe, just maybe, we can get along!  We basically headed up some roads to Hwy 79, then headed east.  There is a road that goes up between the Cumberland/Tennessee Rivers called the land between the lakes.  It is Hwy 49 on my AAA map.  That is NOT what the road sign said and I couldn’t find it on Lady Gagarmin.  We passed it then turned around to find it.  It is not a tiny road by any means.  We headed to the visitor center, but… no cell service and we were expecting a call shortly.  Back down to a world with cell, which just happened to be in front of an Italian restaurant.  After the call, and the food, back up the road we went.

Now the road might be between the two lakes, but you certainly can’t see them through the trees.  Haven’t we done this before?  There are roads that lead to places we would like to explore, but not dragging Hannah as the roads are not paved.  We pass a bison field.  They have been increasing the herd size like it was back when…  We stopped at Homeplace 1850, which is a working museum farm from 1850.  Always fun to see things the way they were, especially when the workers are in character.   We pass into Kentucky, and instead of following the road all the way north, we cross over on Hwy 68 to I24 east to Clarksville, Tennessee.

        

Ok, we are done touring for now. Off to Paul and Merrilee’s house. We will be living in their driveway through memorial day.  Spouse went to school with Paul way back when.  Although they are so different in many ways, when someone is in your heart, it is easy to pick right up where you left off. 

1 comment: