Friday, May 28, 2021

May 27, 2021 Golf in the cow pasture

 

May 27, 2021
 

MEOWT!  I sit in my chair waiting for my humans to let me out and they hardly do it.  I know I look cute and I am sitting right there.  MEOWT!  I got a lizard and I want more!  MEOWT!

I took a short morning walk around listening to my serial killer podcast. Even though we are golfing, I like to walk before to loosen my back.   Today we are playing golf at a small 9 hole course called Mason Rudolph.  It has one par 5, one par 4 and the rest are par 3’s.  Don’t mistake a short course as an easy course.  I have always called a par 3 hole a par 6 hole…  Some of the par 3’s were quite long and there were hills involved so there was some challenges.  The course could use some TLC.  Weeds were sprouting in the sand traps and the grass could be nicer.  But overall, it was fun.

Paul hadn’t played in 4 years since he broke his wrist so he had rust and cobwebs on his swing.  I could tell that the pace of play guidelines that so many golf courses stride for was not a thought here.  Paul wondered while I was already on the next tee walking while they were barely leaving the green in their cart.  I told him it was because they were SLOW!

On the third hole, a ground hog ran across our fairway.  Like really…    So apropos for how we played!  I essentially played bogey golf for a nice 39.  Sounds good but it should have been better.  Maybe I ought to try practicing! 

We had our 19th hole back at home. Oh wait, in this case, it was a 10th hole…  Should have split the beer…

We have had some great weather so far.  Today was about 80.  Warmish in the sun, but totally comfortable in the shade.  Paul and Merrillee’s patio is a great place for socializing.

We also started plotting where we go next.  Stay tuned!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment