Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 31, 2014 Civil War overload...


Thursday July 31, 2014  

 There are some big rodents here.  My humans are keeping me tied up.  Look at them on this tree.  I must climb... darn!  My humans should set me free so I can guard them!  I love the action here.  Why can't I be free?

 We got a decent night's sleep.  It isn't cold, nor is hit hot.  My walk took me around some of the beautiful farms and properties.  It really is very pretty here.  It is hard to imagine that it is so stained with blood.  Rudy wants the squirrels... baaadddd!

 Our mission today was to tour some of the battlefield exhibits.  There was a speaker at spot #2 at 10am.  It would be really nice if ALL of the streets had signs on them where you can see them whether you are travelling east or west, or north and south.   Spouse insisted on going to the national cemetery, but I told him it was the wrong way.  As we labor to find our position, Spouse finally comments that we should have gone this way all along... Duh...  Thus we were a bit late but we still were able to join in.  Several rangers offer talks about the strategy, the difficulties, or whatever their topic may be.
 

 After a couple of rounds, we stopped for lunch and a grocery store break.  Hunter and I stayed behind while Spouse and Parker went for more.  Youths...  Parker doesn't understand why Hunter isn't more interested and Hunter can't understand why Parker is so obsessed!  I sure hope that one day, they will embrace their differences, but that comes only with experience.

 The boys love their Uncle Rudy.  They are constantly handling him, and he lets them.  I would not say Rudy is happy about it but he sure is tolerant of them.  He has even let a purr or two slip out.

 The boys learned that the fresh lunchmeat we just bought is really good for catching crawdads in the creek...



 

Now, I need to know if this is a guy thing...  My spouse comes in, turns on the TV, then goes outside to read.  Is it just something a guy needs to do?  Turn on a TV whether they are anywhere around it or not?  Is it some type of internal rush they get when they see that the TV responds to their commands on the remote control?  Does it get worse with age?  Help me here...

No comments:

Post a Comment