Friday, August 18, 2017

August 17, 2017 What's the hurry?

August 17, 2017

Humans!  HUMANS!  What about me?  I am right here.  Why are you out there?  I wanna come.  HUMANS!  Maybe I can get out this hole… let me paw to get out…  Here comes a human!  Oh, she is closing off my hole… but what about me?  I wanna be with my humans!!!

We slept outside last night.  Outside of the marina lights across the bay, it was an incredible dark sky with the milky way hovering above us.  When I woke during the night, I would marvel at the stars.  I saw a shooting star, then drifted off again.  I awoke to the sound of fish flapping on the surface, dining on their morning meal.  Light was beginning its day, the water on the lake was calm and glassy.  In my day, I would have been whining to go for a ski, but here, the boats were idle.  It was quite cool, maybe in the low 50s.



We enjoyed our coffee as the sun rose, then we both went on a walk.  At this state park, there are several different campgrounds.  We stayed at Pat’s Point.  I walked back to the main road and checked out a more woodsy campground across the road.  The lake wraps around forming many coves, and the campgrounds are placed accordingly.  If we had more time, we would definitely be biking all around.

Spouse was in a hurry to head towards Rapid City so we could get Hannah’s pegleg fixed.  So we readied her and hit the road.  Right outside the campground is a dump station.   It didn’t matter how much of a hurry Spouse was in, he saw a vacant space with a hose, and proceeded to wash both the truck and Hannah.  Rudy and I kicked back…  I guess he is only in a hurry if it is something that does not matter to him…

Back on the road, we headed up to Devils Tower (think of the movie Close Encounters).  It is a beautiful drive through the rolling hills, but the line into the national monument was way longer than we wanted to wait; at least a million cars, so we split and headed towards Rapid City.  Come on, it’s a tall rock…  what’s the big deal?




The repair man may be able to get to Hannah’s pegleg today, so we want to get her in place. We hop onto I90 even though there are prettier roads to take. We plan to stay at the Elks Lodge in Rapid City for the night as our reservation at our golf place doesn’t start till tomorrow.

I90… it is really quite pretty with the rolling green hills.  We pass Sturgis, where just a week ago, gazillions of motorcycles congregated to strut their stuff.  We stopped at a Camping World thinking that maybe they could fix Hannah’s pegleg…  That was laughable!  We finally made it to the Elks Club, which is right on a golf course!   They only have electricity for us, but that is what we like.  Mr. Pegleg Fixer won’t be able to come till tomorrow morning.

The rain is threatening, and it is windy as all getout, but there are plenty of golfers out there.  We had an early dinner, contemplating whether we should get in 9 holes…  Good thing we didn’t play…  we were not back 5 minutes before the rains came…  Our streak of rainless days stopped at one!


I hate this laptop I am using.  The cursor jumps all over so if you see gibberish in the middle of a sentence, you now know why!  And I am on sinus drugs… so excuse me if I fade offffff…

No comments:

Post a Comment