Sunday, August 27, 2017

August 25, 2017 WE WON! not....

August 25, 2017

My humans took me for a walk.  Then I had to go in and use my potty box, so I ran to the door.  Then I used my potty box, and I buried it well.  Then I wanted to go out again and my humans didn’t let me go outside.  Why is that?

I started my walk looking for a trail out of the campground that I thought would take me to the back road I was on the other day.  I didn’t find a trail, but did find a flock of wild turkeys in our campground.  Pretty cool.  Oh well, back on the highway then the backroad.



Our banquet doesn’t start till 7:00, so today was free.  We decided to go to the Reptile Gardens right down the street.  Based on how many seats were open for the shows, I would say that it was not crowded in the least.  HOWEVER, there were so many little kids.  I finally yelled at a couple at one of the shows because they kept running up and down the bleachers using my shoulder as a launching pad.  I scared the bejesus out of them!  But their parents weren’t doing anything, so tough titties!  The guy next to me thanked me…

Anyhow, we saw gators the size of Texas, lots of snakes, prairie dogs and all sorts of frogs, toads, lizards, turtles and spiders.  The displays were beautiful.  Some had beautiful geodes and other types of collector rocks.  There were stellar mini trees snakes could crawl up, and pretty water features.  Under the dome, there were orchids… lots of orchids.  Exotic birds were free to fly and there were exotic lizards; iguana types.  The entire grounds were landscaped with showy flowers and lush foliage.  It was my type of botanical fun.








 As we were leaving, it was cloudy and cold.  As we got in the truck, the thunder started and so did the rain.   Bwwahhhhhaaahhh!  Four great weather days for golf, then it rains after we get back indoors!


As predicted, we did not win anything for our golf antics.  We did win some skin money and we won a couple of door prizes, so we were happy with that.  All in all, it was a great tournament.  And after the torture of the Club at Red Rock, there is talk that guys with high handicaps may hit from a more forward set of tees.  I think that would make a world of difference since there are quite a few guys in the club that are in that category.  

No comments:

Post a Comment